Insurance Claims Handler (Eng & Span)
Sales or Telesales
- Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a very well established and successful company who has a great opportunity for an Insurance Claims Handler. This is a challenging role in a company going through an exciting growth phase and represents a great opportunity to progress your career. You will acquire the knowledge and skills required to validate and negotiate new and existing claims, ensuring customer service and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with agents over any changes, issues, queries and potential complaints
- Keep up to date with legal requirements and ensure other staff members are aware of changes that affect them and their work.
- Ensure that any queries/issues/changes reported by agents are implemented/actioned.
- Dealing with referrals from Broker (e.g. issues that arise with policy holders, processes and procedures which are not working).
- Dealing with dissatisfied customers complaints to prevent them from escalating to formal complaints.
- Liaise with Underwriting when required to ensure the policy is adhered to when handling a claim.
- Liaise with company Engineer to ensure vehicles are inspected in a timely manner.
- Liaise with agents to ensure vehicles are inspected in a timely manner and request regular updates when seeking to make a recovery from a third party insurer.
- Ensure claims files are set up and maintained accurately and efficiently, including setting up of claims, diaries, reserves, contacts, notes and excesses.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in handling insurance claims, preferably within motor insurance.
- Basic ICT skills required (MS Outlook, Word & Excel).
- High level of customer service skills required (interviewing clients over the phone).
- High level of administration experience.
- Spanish speaking and written is essential.
Salary circa £23k - £25k plus package