Head of Risk and Compliance
Banking and Financial
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading financial services company who has a great opportunity for a Head of Risk and Compliance. The company is a progressive and ambitious company who has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What will you do as a Head of Risk and Compliance?
This role is a senior position involving significant overlap with many departments and functions, including but not limited to:
o liaison with:
the Managing Director on all aspects of risk and regulatory risk management relating to programs
the Finance Director on all aspects of financial risk management
o working closely with the Legal Affairs Manager on regulatory and compliance issues including with relevant country regulators
o daily involvement with the Operations Director on all operational risk management aspects of the business
o working closely with Program Partners and the Customer Service team to minimise commercial risk and ensure all programs are compliant with regulatory requirements applicable worldwide
• Money Laundering Reporting Officer with direct reporting responsibilities to the Board
o AML duties include:
annual report on AML to the Board
preparing and signing off the annual - Compliance report
dealing with the Financial Services Commission and other regulators on a regular basis
involvement with the GBA, EMA and other industry bodies on risk and regulatory compliance issues
• Approved person with the Financial Services Commission, being responsible with the Board for AML compliance;
• Supervising and managing all compliance requirements including travel abroad to corporate customers and subsidiaries as required;
• Analyzing, improving and structuring all internal compliance procedures, reports and documentation;
• Training of staff & Board on all relevant risk and compliance matters;
• Detailed understanding of financial services law, e-money capital authorisation and conduct of business rules across the EU including:
o Banking Consolidation Directive
o Payment Services Directive
o any other relevant regulatory requirements
• Reporting to the Board as required.
• Reporting to the Managing Director.
• Other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Managing Director from time to time.
What do you know that makes you a great Head of Risk and Compliance?
Previous experience in a similar role
Up to date on all compliance related regulations in Gibraltar
Excellent knowledge of regulatory reporting and risk management
Relevant degree and/or professional designation (Compliance) preferred
Good leadership skills and ability to work as part of a tight-knit team, confident and robust but also able to be discreet and diplomatic.
Salary to attract the best with bonus.