Head of Regulatory and Compliance
Banking and Financial
- Accountancy and Insurance
Recruit Gibraltar are currently helping our financial services client who has a great opportunity for a Head of Compliance to be responsible for ensuring overall compliance of laws and regulations. The role will involve various aspects of compliance in accordance with developing requirements, including compliance with applicable Banking and Anti Money Laundering regulations in Gibraltar and other EEA jurisdictions. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to implement and/or update required compliance and best practice procedures and policies.
Head of Compliance responsibilities
To assist the Director of Compliance with the ongoing development and maintenance of the firms compliance program, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and rules governing its operations and offerings.
To participate on the implementation of applicable regulatory changes as they occur and provide compliance advice and guidance to the business on an ongoing basis.
The drafting and supervision of cardholder framework contracts.
The drafting of new Regulatory policies and procedures as required by the business needs. On-going review of existing internal policies and procedures to identify weaknesses and recommend improvement and changes to the Director of Compliance to ensure a robust due diligence framework is maintained at all times.
To assist with the ongoing monitoring of the firms risk and Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Deputising for the Director of Compliance for all Regulatory and Compliance matters in their absence.
Communication and training to the Compliance team and other business areas on Compliance and Regulatory matters.
Management of the Regulatory and Governance team.
Reviewing documents and procedures submitted by client relationships and providing feedback internally and externally.
The review and supervision of financial promotion material issued by the business and its clients.
- Solid experience in a senior compliance or legal role
- Extensive experience of working within the financial services regulated sector with knowledge of oversight requirements for third party relationships and outsourcing
- Previous experience with Money Laundering legislation and regulations required
- Experience drafting documents, policies and procedures
- Experience managing other staff members strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Gibraltar regulatory environment strongly preferred
- Legal qualification preferred
Salary based on experience plus package