RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading insurance company who has a great opportunity for a Head of Pricing to be responsible for rating proposals and performance monitoring for insurance products turning data into actionable insight. With more than 500 team members and well over 1 million satisfied customers the company is the no. 1 Travel Insurance brand in the UK and one of the country’s fastest growing insurance providers.
They are looking for an experienced Pricing Manager to lead the pricing team based in Gibraltar. You will be responsible for the overarching gross pricing strategy, future rating proposals and turning analytical insight into commercial upside.There will be opportunities to develop your existing pricing capabilities using non-traditional modelling and advanced analytics, such as price optimisation and machine learning. You will be able to flourish in your managerial role with strong interpersonal skills whilst collaboratively working alongside senior management.
The role will include:
- You will play a lead role in delivering pricing strategy and work with board level to provide pricing strategy and recommendations.
- Assist the pricing team members to build and improveprice optimisation models, utilizing a strong understanding of conversion, elasticity, and customer retentionmodelling.
- Identify, challenge and implement innovative solutions to existing processes and pricing techniques. Work with the relevant systems and teams to ensure delivery within agreed timescales.
- Work with stakeholders from multiple business units (Marketing, Product, Operations and Finance) to drive and improve business performance.
- Build an awareness of market trends and competitive landscape.
- Manage a growing team of pricing analysts
- Degree or equivalent in Statistics, Economics,Math, Actuarial Science or similar.
- Experience of leading a pricing team within the personal lines insurance industry.
- Experience and knowledge in one or more of the following tools: R, SAS, SQL, Python, Emblem, Earnix and Guidewire.
- Demonstrated strong capability with predictive analytics and GLMs.
- Skilled people leader
- Strong problem solver, combining excellent data and statistical skills with a well-developed analytical approach.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to relate complex concepts and ideas to non-numerical stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and with the ability to lead, challenge and influence business decisions.
Salary circa £65k - £75k based on experience plus bonus, benefits & relocation package