Head of PMO
IT Internet and Technology
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a worldwide online payment processing business with offices throughout Europe who need a Head of PMO to join their high performance team. They are looking for a creative and passionate developer who can be trusted to work on their own initiative and consistently create innovative solutions to client requests.
The client is a worldwide online payment processing business offering local culture payment technology of over 60 payment methods in over 180 countries. Working already with a number of large blue chip organisations, the Group has built a unique solution that empowers the client to process payments in a truly bespoke way.
They offer multiple payment solutions that enable PCI compliance integrated with a suite of fraud reporting and detection tools. These services are all accessible via one API integration that can be totally bespoke to meet a Merchants needs to enhance the customer experience and improve revenue performance.
What will you do as a Head of PMO?
Reporting directly to the COO, the Head of PMO is accountable for assisting with driving the implementation and delivery of the Company’s product development strategy by obtaining future requirements from both internal and external clients and driving taking them through to delivery. The Head of PMO will work as a member of the Product Operations team to ensure key deliverables are met. Responsible for a team of Programme/Project Managers, Business Analysts, his/her individual performance targets and working with various internal and external clients to deliver a Product Roadmap.
• As a member of the Product Operational Management team help the COO develop and communicate an innovative and highly competitive Product Roadmap to maximize revenue and profitability, and to capitalize on new market opportunities.
• Heading up the PMO in all aspects of team leadership, motivation and task allocation between PMO team members
• Ensure all internal and external client requirements are met, deliverables are in place
• Meet and communicate daily regularly with direct Programme/Project Progress Reports to track progress, obtain status updates and to devise appropriate task management and content delivery.
• Work with Sales and IT Development and Technology, Change/Release Management to help deliver changes in product, IT and to achieve higher efficiency, transparency both for internal and external clients.
• Liaise with the Product Development team led by the COO and Integration team on customer and partner requirements, preferences and value-added features.
• Plan and control resource allocation and project charters documentation (GANTT diagrams and task lists) prepared by Programme/Project Managers and supervise Business Requirement definitions created by Business Analysts to ensure efficient and transparent handover of information gathered from internal and external clients to IT development and takeover of prepared product or process changes from them.
What do you know that makes you a great Head of PMO?
• Solid project management experience, preferably within the electronic payment processing industry.
• You have spent a significant part of your career in a senior product/project management role and you understand the constant demands and changes associated with this position.
• Proven abilities to understand and execute the organization’s product development strategy and client delivery
• Proven experience working with project management tools (Microsoft Project or similar) with a high number of projects managed paralleled
• Leadership experience, strong people management skills
• Must have strong 3rd Party and Stakeholder Management skills
• Proven experience of working under constant pressure and to tight deadlines
• PRINCE2 & Agile working methodology preferred
Salary circa £55k based on experience with a relocation package and private healthcare.