Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading insurance company who need an experienced Financial Director to head up this existing team. The company have offices in the UK and Asia so a genuine global footprint with enviable profit and turnover figures. This role is to ultimately be the FD /MD of the Gibraltar group of companies within the European group structure and requires someone to be hands on and authorised by the local regulator.
- Financial Accounting: Responsible for producing the year-end financial accounts; liaising with the company's auditors, production of statutory accounts and lodgement of the company's tax return.
- Financial Reporting: Presenting financial reports to the Board of Directors
- Management Accounting : Responsible for producing annual budgets and quarterly management accounts and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Staff Management - Responsible for managing the locally based accounts team.
- Management Information: Producing regular financial analysis and responding to questions from the Board of Directors.
- Accounting Systems : Responsible for reviewing, updating and implementing existing internal accounting systems and introducing new systems and controls where appropriate.
- Expenditure Control : Responsible for monitoring all company expenditure and where appropriate making recommendations to individuals and teams responsible for budgets.
- Regulatory reporting: Preparation and filing of returns to the FSC, monitoring capital adequacy requirements and reporting to Senior Management and the Board of Directors that the firm remains compliance with Regulations.
- You will already live in the local area
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA Qualified.
- Solid accountancy experience within a senior financial management role ideally in an insurance company.
- Extensive experience and a thorough working knowledge of computerised accounting systems (ideally Sage Line 200) and spreadsheets.
- Good verbal and written presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative, within a team environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Ideally hands-on experience of FSC compliance.
- Experience of preparation for year-end audit
Salary befitting of this senior role with excellent package.