RecruitGibraltar is helping one our clients who is one of Europe's leading Gaming companies; they have a strong market share and play a dominant role in the Gaming arena and need a FP&A Analyst. Their long established retail and online brands provide excellent opportunities for highly driven candidates, giving rapid career progression to exceptional employees.
What is the plan for the FP&A Analyst role?
You will support the FP&A Manager in the delivery of planning, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data to support and improve decision making within the business. The key responsibility of the role will be to identify, maintain and evaluate information and undertake periodic and weekly reporting. In addition, build strong working relationships with the BI, Product and Marketing teams across the business to meet all identified information requirements.
What will you do as a FP&A Analyst ?
• Prepare regular reporting and analysis by using data sources such as the Strategic Data Warehouse systems. Reports
are to include relevant and insightful commentary, ensuring that the data is accurate and delivered according to
• Support the FP&A Manager in the budgeting, planning and reforecasting processes for Gala by assisting in identifying
and modelling key business drivers by utilising a number of approaches including but not limited to current and historic
trends and regression analysis. You will add business input and insight where necessary to the data
• Work with other members of the FP&A team and teams throughout the wider business to develop tools, models and
processes that improve the analytical capabilities of the FP&A team. In addition, developing the effectiveness and
insight generated by financial analysis to continually enhance and improve analysis provided
• Assist the FP&A Manager in the periodic detailed review of actual performance vs. budget or reforecast. This will enable
you to highlight variances and trends, to then complete detailed analysis in conjunction with relevant business area.
Working with the BI team you will identify areas for further review and report these to the FP&A Manager
• Support ad-hoc analysis, in conjunction with key stakeholders using past trends to collate future forecasts. You will
need to understand key drivers and any financial impacts, including periodic reporting of actual performance vs.
• Build good working relationships with key stakeholders within the business in order to understand business
• Develop strong relationships with other divisional analysts in order to share knowledge, ideas and best practice
What do you know that makes you a great FP&A Analyst?
• Understanding of financial reporting including income statements and performance dashboards
• Excellent Excel skills
• Experience using databases and dashboards desirable but not essential
• Previous experience of budgeting, business planning and forecasting ideal but not essential
• Ability to manage and manipulate large volumes of data in a fast paced environment
• Proactive in looking for opportunities to drive improvements
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• High standards of accuracy and precision
• Good communications skills, both verbal and written
• Manage your own time effectively, plan ahead and adopt a methodical approach to your work
Salary circa £30k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.