Compliance Officer – Regulatory and Governance
Banking and Financial
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a leading financial services company who has a great opportunity for an Assistant Finance Project Manager to work in close co-operation with the Compliance Director and consult with various members of the Finance, Compliance and Operations teams internally and communicating with other external companies.
What will you do as a Compliance Officer– Regulatory and Governance?
The successful candidate will join the Compliance Team whose mandate is to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The role will involve various aspects of compliance and regulation in a rapidly changing environment and will require the candidate to help manage change as it occurs to ensure the firm’s compliance with applicable Banking and Anti Money Laundering regulations in Gibraltar and other EEA jurisdictions. They will need to familiarise themselves with all relevant rules and regulations (both in Gibraltar and across Europe). The duties and responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
• Drafting and reviewing terms & conditions relating to existing and new business lines.
• Drafting and reviewing manuals, policy and procedure documentation relating to existing and new business lines and submitted policies and procedures by third party relationships;
• Assisting with marketing approvals for internal and external clients (and obtaining these approvals from regulators and schemes);
• To assist the Regulatory& Governance Compliance Manager with the ongoing development and maintenance of the firm’s compliance program, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and rules governing its operations and offerings.
• To participate on the implementation of applicable regulatory changes as they occur and provide compliance advice and guidance to the business on an ongoing basis.
The role will also involve collaborating with other departments, and when requested to do so by the Regulatory & Governance Manager to consult with advisors to resolve difficult legal compliance issues and best-practice policy decision making. The Senior Compliance Officer will report to the Regulatory & Governance Compliance Manager on daily activities and ongoing compliance efforts and projects.
What do you know that makes you a great Compliance Officer– Regulatory and Governance?
• Solid experience in a compliance, legal or paralegal role
• Experience drafting documents preferred
• Professional mannerism
• Self-motivated and able to work with a team to complete necessary tasks in a timely manner
• Pro-active approach to daily duties
• General Regulatory/ or Risk IT Applications experience
• Good level of competency with MS Office including Excel
• MS Outlook
You must live in the local area or have a set relocation date
Salary circa £30k based on experience with bonus & benefits package.