Banking and Financial
- Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a long established and reputable insurance company who offer long term career growth and a rewarding working environment where you can make a real impact. They are looking for a Compliance Assistant to provide compliance services to clients, support to the Director of Compliance, and take minutes of client corporate governance meetings.
What will you do as a Compliance Assistant?
• Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
• Taking minutes of client Board and Committee meetings;
• Overseeing collation of and/or collating papers for Board and Committee meetings;
• Hosting Board and Committee meetings;
• Client liaison;
• Completing Compliance Monitoring Programmes for clients;
• Conducting thematic compliance reviews for clients;
• Requesting and collating, and reviewing, due diligence;
• Maintaining/drafting client Policies and Procedures;
• Reviewing new legislation and regulation to ascertain impact/provide advice to clients;
• Collating and submitting regulatory returns and reports;
• Providing training to staff/clients (e.g. anti-money laundering, data protection training);
• Risk Management - maintaining Risk Registers and risk appetite and tolerance statements, collating client Own Risk and Solvency Assessments;
• Provide absence support for the compliance team.
What do you know that makes you a great Compliance Assistant?
- Experience in a similar compliance role
- Experience/understanding of compliance requirements
- Ideally experience of minute writing at high level meetings
- Ideally experience in insurance
- A meticulous attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written English
- Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent (written/verbal) communication skills
- Excellent people skills
Salary circa £27k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.