Banking Operations Assistant
Banking and Financial
Recruit Gibraltar are currently helping our financial services client who has a great opportunity for a Banking Operations Assistant to be responsible for ensuring overall operational excellence in maintained. The company is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the Banking Operations Assistant role?
Working as part of the Operations/Implementation team, you will work closely with your colleagues to support the company’s daily operational processes and tasks. You will be working closely with the company’s developers and IT staff in supporting daily processes. It will involve when necessary applying small fixes to excel formulas and amending basic queries.
What will you do as a Banking Operations Assistant?
• Daily monitoring of financial reports:Ensuring third party partners are providing all necessary reports as per agreed SLA’s. Handling any issues that arise from errors in transmission of the reports, missing reports, etc.
• Running reconciliation processes: Ensuring the daily financial reconciliation processes are run efficiently and as required by cut-off times.
• Running daily monitoring processes such PEP and Sanction screening: Verify the automated task is run daily
• Handling of Head Office Collection Account queries:Investigating and following up queries received from financial institution relating to funds received.
• Handling of card activation queries.
• Ensuring internal records are up to date and accurate: Assiting the department in ensuring all required internal records are kept up to date. This will include data inputting into set templates in Excel and Access.
• Acknowledging and following up on internal support tickets: A large part of the role will involve taking ownership of tickets raised by other departments. You will analyse the issues, identify the fixes required to be in place and coordinate with internal or external parties to see the tickets through to closure.
• Liaising with third-party providers such as payment processes to resolve any ongoing issues: Investigating any finacial reporting descrepancies reported by the finance team; you will investigate these and deal with the payment processors to obtain corrected reports, verify them and confirm with the finance reconciliation differrences are closed off.
What do you know that makes you a great Banking Operations Assistant?
• Knowledge of Accounting processes– Reconciliation, Reporting, Banking Relationshipsetc. will be beneficial.
• Basic technical understanding – MS Access and SQL and basic programming will be advantageous
• Good knowledge of MS Excel formulas
• Familiarity with payments or financial instruments.
• Knowledge of Financial Operational processeswill be beneficial to the role.
• Prior experience in dealing with technical/specialised teams.
• Experience in working with various providers and suppliers advantageous.
Salary £22k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.