Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client one of the best known and highly regarded companies within the financial services industry to find an Assistant Accountant.
• Aid in preparation of Financial Statements for Trusts and Companies based on Trial Balance maintained in the accounts System.
• Review of Files to ensure that transactions are properly reflected in the Books of account and that transactions have been appropriately authorised
• To review and update client ledgers in accordance with work programmes.
• To act as a source of knowledge for appropriate accounting treatment of unusual transactions.
• Processing and bookkeeping of banking transactions.
• Periodical reconciliation of client bank accounts.
• Posting of 3rd party bank account transactions.
• Daily monitor and clearance of Invoice Posting Control Accounts.
• In-charge of obtaining quotes and executing foreign exchange transactions.
• Provide assistant to others in filling out banking forms.
• Maintain signing mandates and due diligence.
• Maintenance of client data within the primary management information systems.
Knowledge and Skills
• AAT qualified or making good progress with accounting qualifications
• Able to produce financial statements based on a range of relevant information.
• Good level of bookkeeping and banking knowledge.
• Experience in processing payments.
• Basic knowledge of corporate administration or equivalent an advantage.
• Knowledge of Navision software an advantage.
Salary based on experience.