Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a long established and reputable insurance company who operate mainly in the UK market and provide a rewarding working environment where you can make a real impact. They are looking for an Accounting Assistant to support the Accounting and Treasury Functions.
What will you do as an Accounting Assistant?
• Assist the accounting department by providing general accounting administration and processing functions to ensure efficient workflow within the team;
• Manage payments and assist the treasury function;
• Prepare monthly accounting journals and reconciliations;
• Prepare regulatory and industry returns;
• Liaise with internal and external auditors;
• Maintain documents and files, both manually and electronically, and liaise with internal and external auditors;
• Manage and organise own workload, diaries and mailboxes;
• General administrative duties such as scanning, photocopying, profiling, issuing documentation, research, filing etc;
What do you know that makes you a great Accounting Assistant?
• Previous experience in a similar accounting or finance role
• Competence with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office systems;
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritise own workload and high levels of work;
• Must be conscientious and able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently and as part of smaller core team;
• A flexible approach and an ability to recognise / adapt to changing business requirements;
Salary up to £22,500 based on experience with benefits package.